Lana is an experienced, highly skilled and well-regarded family law practitioner. She is recognised in both the 2021 and 2022 editions of Best Lawyers Family Law. Whilst Lana’s practice extends to all aspects of family law, she has a special interest in complex financial and parenting matters, financial agreements and litigation. Lana is known for her sharp intellect, fastidiousness, strategic aptitude, careful judgment and seasoned negotiation skills.
Lana joined Kennedy Partners in 2021. She has been practising exclusively in the family law jurisdiction since 2005, having initially come from a general commercial and commercial litigation background. Lana’s clients benefit from her commercial background, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the law, pragmatic and direct approach as well as her empathetic disposition.
Lana has a broad practice having acted for many high-profile individuals, including a number of celebrities, and high net worth families, many with complex business and third-party interests. Having come from a long standing farming family, Lana maintains a special interest in farming cases and family businesses and is accordingly uniquely placed to understand the challenges and complexities associated with multi-generational wealth and its preservation.
Whilst Lana is an experienced litigator in both the federal and state jurisdictions, her ultimate objective is to assist her clients to achieve the best possible outcome in a timely and cost-effective manner, whilst meeting the client’s overall personal and commercial objectives.
Lana is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Family Law Section of the Family Law Council of Australia having previously served on a number of Law Institute of Victoria committees. Lana is often approached to present on topical issues in family law.
Lana has had extensive experience in the conduct of:
- Complex and high net worth property division involving businesses, corporate and trust structures and third-party interests as well as spousal maintenance.
- Complex parenting matters including parental responsibility disputes, living-arrangements, interstate and international relocation and matters involving neglect and abuse of children often having been required to work closely with criminal solicitors and Counsel to assist mutual clients.
- Family violence including Intervention Orders and Personal Safety Orders.
- Financial support for children including child support (as well as private arrangements such as Binding Child Support Agreements and Limited Child Support Agreements), child maintenance and adult child maintenance.
- Financial agreements (both pre-separation for wealth preservation purposes and post-separation) and in the context of both heterosexual and same-sex marriages and relationships